Sriracha-Glazed Chicken Skewers
· ½ cup light brown sugar (packed)
· ½ cup rice vinegar
· ⅓ cup hot chili paste
· ¼ cup plum sauce (look for it in the Asian food aisle)
· ¼ cup Sriracha
· 2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
· 1½ pound skinless, boneless chicken, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, vinegar, chili paste, plum sauce, Sriracha and ginger. Add chicken pieces, and turn to coat. Thread chicken onto skewers.
2. Transfer the remaining marinade to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, until the marinade is reduced to about one cup - this took about 10 minutes for me.
3. Grill chicken over medium-high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning and basting often, until cooked through and juices run clear.
4. **If you're using bamboo skewers, soak your sticks in water for at least 30 minutes before threading your chicken.